Applying for Financial Assistance
Applicants are expected to apply online, at FACTS for the 2014-2015 school year. For FACTS instructions, check http://www.shepherdvalley.org/TA_Info.pdf. The following steps are necessary:
- Agree to pay the non-refundable processing fee ($30 via credit card).
- Complete the application form, one for each household (there are step-by-step instructions to follow).
- As you complete your application, you are able to exit and return to the website without losing the information that has been input.
- All applicants, regardless of application method, must also follow this additional important step:Complete IRS form 4506-T and turn in to Shepherd Valley Waldorf School. Business owners also turn in 4506-T-Corp or 4506-T-LLC-Partnership.
- Submit your most recent tax returns to FACTS following the instructions for document submission on the FACTS web site.
- If you are self employed, you must also submit your entire sole proprietorship/partnership/LLC/S-Corp tax return including Balance Sheet and Profit/Loss to FACTS.
- The following tool is provided to help parents look at their finances. It is not required, but may be helpful in looking at your budget.
Applicants who have extenuating circumstances that may not be apparent in the FACTS application are encouraged to submit a personal letter to the TA Committee describing their situation. A FACTS application should be completed for each household, as indicated above in the Social Standards.